Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Morning at The Gallanos House

Both Max and Mason were up at dawn to see what the Easter Bunny brought. This year admittedly James and I, aka Easter Bunny team, were pretty lame. I was sort of hoping we could postpone Easter until next weekend but I think the kids knew it was this weekend. We are trying to reduce the number of holidays that we support a mythical creature who comes in the night and leaves candy. We decided last year that we were going to eliminate the tooth fairy off our list. The tooth fairy is clearly too much. We have Santa, the Easter Bunny and recently we added a mischievous leprechaun that needs a graham cracker house to leave treats in. The tooth fairy was just too big a commitment. Think two kids 24 teeth. That's almost 48 trips in the middle of the night for a year!

Anyway, we did hide plastic eggs. The kids found them, ate all the candy and left me wondering if they even knew what Easter was about. I myself am not really sure how to draw the connection between eggs, bunnies and candy so I thought I would ask them. Here is their answer:

1 comment:

reccabecca said...

It's so good to see the boys again. You guys look great!!! Miss you!!!